Thursday, May 07, 2009

dish detail

Such beauty and art I see in dishes of all sorts. I could get a new set at least once a month. Half the fun (or more) of getting ready for guests, for me,  is setting the table.  These photos are not all of my table settings, by the way. Four are mine, two are from home tours, two are friends', and one is a spectacular gala I caught sight of  before it began. 

This Saturday women from our church are gathering to take classes on interesting topics (such as cupcake making, photography, running marathons, etc.) and in the middle we'll break for lunch---served on beautiful china. Various women are bringing their china and setting pretty tables for us to enjoy. I am looking forward to seeing them all.

1 comment:

  1. Our church has a high tea every year, and ladies sign up to do tables. They bring their finest. I've only been to one, and I didn't do a table, but it was interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...