Thursday, May 28, 2009

ants in our mail

I could tell by the Gardener's voice that something was "off" when I phoned him the other afternoon. Actually he sounded irritated more than anything else.

"There's ants all over the mail," he exclaimed as I could hear shuffling around. "I just brought it in and they are going everywhere. I have to hang up."

It's those little irritating things that come up out of the blue that can really hinder a good outlook, isn't it? So small (especially the size of the ants :-) but so powerful in affecting us. 

Today I found some small flowers ready for picking. It's not all that often that fresh flowers come from our yard. I picked them and sat them next to my kitchen angel, who makes me smile and remember a good friend. It's those little things that come up out of the blue. They grab our focus, either brightening or dimming our day.

And, by the way, our mail now has the scent of bug spray. 

2 comments:

  1. Please tell the Gardener that we had the same problem last year. Those darned things climbed the mailbox and toted egg cases here and there.

    Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia grace12:23 PM

    Lovely post today, Podso. The flowers are so sweet and the kitchen angel is still you.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...