Tuesday, February 10, 2009

wrong number

Got a call on my cell phone today. "Hello. Cassie?" A female voice spoke into my ear. 

"I'm sorry I think you have the wrong number."  The Gardener was in my office when the call came. The connection wasn't good. "Do you think you didn't hear right and she was saying your name?" I could see that possibility so I called the number back while heading outside for a better connection. "Who is this?" I asked (a bit rudely I admit).  

"Is this (podso)?" My cousin's voice became clear. "I was sitting here wondering who I had called by mistake. Your voice sounded familiar. Let's talk now that we're connected." We laughed.

It'd been quite awhile since we've talked together. We had a segment of time when we were in close connection--when our parents lived in the same retirement community. Keeping in touch is still important to us, so we were glad that we connected. Just a serendipity in the middle of a mundane day: a wrong number turned right.

P.S. Happy Birthday, Barb!!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:19 AM

    Love your phone photo....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing! Something inside out and turned around to look right and
    sound right!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...