Monday, February 23, 2009

365 notes

My friend Lydia Grace and her hubbie D come over once a week to watch an "on the edge of your seat" TV show with us. It's become a tradition of quite a few years, and we claim it to be the fastest hour in the week. Knowingmy love of all things "tea," LG brought me over a tea calendar a few weeks ago.  Just a little thing with daily quotes on tea. Can you imagine 365 things said about tea? They are all interesting, some more than others, and I am learning a few things you may see here from time to time. Meanwhile I love this one:

"Another novelty is the tea party, an extraordinary meal in that, being offered to persons that have already dined well, it supposes neither appetite nor thirst, and has no object but distraction, no basis but delicate enjoyment."  (Jean A. Brillat-Savarin)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:39 AM

    Oh, I like that quote..Teatime- a totally extraneous event...I love it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, but you set a pretty table. I always enjoy your home photos. :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...