Monday, February 09, 2009

slippin' and slidin'


The sweetest little waterfall came into our view when we were in the mountains this weekend. The cool water cascading over the rocks was so clear and clean, I had to dip my hand in for a refreshing sip. Friend Debbie and I quickly climbed to the top for a view from up there. Of course we had to slip over the ropes for a better look 
as, in spite of the warning signs, they were just begging to be climbed over. Funny, when the men arrived (quite awhile after us, by the way) they each and every one chided us for disobeying the signs. And then they promptly followed us across to the forbidden territory.

On our way down, Debbie decided to take a short cut, down a slippery bank that didn't have rock ledges to ground her feet, branches to grab, or trees to hug on the way down. I took a look. Hmmm ... I may be too old for such nonsense, but I couldn't let her go it alone. Slippery it was, especially without proper hiking shoes. Precious little to cling to or wedge our feet on. We got to laughing, especially with the positions we found ourselves in. Got to almost a PIYP kind of laughing, as we struggled to make our way down and arrive in some decent order. 

Friend Debbie has what I call an infectious laugh.  It doesn't matter if you know what the funny thing is, if you're in the same room and hear her laugh, you join in. (When we're with her we always have a good, laughing time, and come away feeling so refreshed.) So there
we were, two women well over 25, slipping and sliding down the side of a mountain. (The men were taking the long path.) 

When we got to the bottom a young woman, who had been sitting there watching our escapade, greeted us, "You were sure having fun!" Yah, but glad to have both feet firmly on the ground again!

4 comments:

  1. Your adventurous side comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Leave it to my mother to break the rules! And she wonders where her kids get it from.....=)=) Sounds like you guys had a great time, I can just picture the two of you now.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:20 PM

    Well over 25? I'm sure I would not be joining you in your excursion, but glad you had fun...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can hear her laugh and yours too!
    Great blog!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...