Friday, February 06, 2009

from the mouth of little ones

My mom was in the hospital this week so I've been with her a lot, including sleeping at her house last night. (Note: no matter how old I get, or how our roles reverse, there's nothing like spending time at mom's house for it's coziness. ) I finally left her this afternoon after leaving charts for taking meds; fresh jello in the frig and water bottles placed for hydration purposes; and reminder notes here and there. I had to come back into her apartment twice for things I forgot. As I was leaving for what I hope was the final time, she called to me, "Listen to what John wrote about his grandchildren." (she was reading a letter.)  "The twins, Emma and Kate, aged 2 1/2, changed each others' diapers. And the five year old said, 'Grandpa, Jesus is God's nickname.'" I had to smile as I headed to my car.

Photo: my father's favorite chair sitting by my mother's view

1 comment:

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...