Sunday, January 13, 2013

Faithful

God shows His faithfulness and care to me in many ways. Over the past 10 days, as my mother lingers here on earth, I've seen His face through many caring family members and friends ... emails, texts, notes, pots of soup, a picture hymn book, phone calls, muffins, visits, snacks, a loaned mattress delivered to our door, a prayer shawl, the touch of a hand ... so many ways, and I've noted them all and been grateful.

And I continue to write in a lovely journal a dear friend gave me 10 years ago. It has become a precious possession. I started it with stories my mother told me about her life (and I read some of them to her today), and I now continue to journal in it about these last days with her. I always use blue ink when I write in it and am hoping my ink does not run out.

My sisters went back home. And my brother said good-bye to mom again today, for we know not how long she will be with us. He is thanking her for something each time he is with her, and today he thanked her for all the delicious meals she had cooked for us. A sweet brother.

19 comments:

  1. Holding you in prayer during this sacred time. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm saying a prayer for you and your family.

    Be blessed,

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you and your family. I am holding your hand.
    Hugs, Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me tear up.
    Praying for you and your dear mom.
    Your family who have left is hard.
    Your family here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Podso,
    What a blessing to have you, her daughter, and your brother near her as she prepares for one final journey.
    My prayers continue daily for you, dear friend!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you and your family in this time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful, touching and sensitive post today. I am so happy to see God's care for you from others as you count every moment precious with your dear Mother. You and your family are in my prayers. These are words of a wonderful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending love and prayers to you and your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you and your family, Podso.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for His grace for you...for your mother...for your brother...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for grace for each moment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah Whitcomb6:38 AM

    Praying for you and your family... you all are such special people. Your mom is a wonderful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Mom is surrounded with love... yours, her family's and most importantly, God's. She is blessed indeed. Holding you all in prayer... tanna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers as you wait and go through this time of mourning. God Bless you with His peace and comfort. Warm hugs, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful journal, both inside and out. I love the blue and white toile pattern. What a wonderful daughter you are, and so is your entire family. I'll be holding you in my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous9:49 AM

    I don't know how I missed this post, Dotsie, as you've been been on my mind daily. Sending loving thoughts your way.
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sounds like you are doing everything you can to make your mom's passing a peaceful one. You are fortunate that you have this time with her to say all the things you want to. A co-worker at school traveled back to Romania to say a final goodbye to her father who is dying from cancer -- they don't know how long he has, but she is happy knowing she got to see him at least one last time. Always very difficult, but so much better than having someone taken from you suddenly and without warning. Wishing you and your family much peace and comfort. Blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so sorry to hear this. I will keep your mother and your family in my prayers. Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Lydia Grace is a good friend indeed... blessings and continued prayers ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...