Tuesday, January 22, 2013

a small thing


Dear Lydia Grace,

      You and someone else have made me the best chicken soup this week, as well as blessed me in other ways. You've watched over my footsteps during these days of sitting at my mother's bedside and have cared for both mom and me in beautiful ways.  But when you gave me this blue pen, you touched my soul in a deep place. It is a small thing, giving me your slightly used pen (the kind we can no longer buy) with the blue ink I love to write with. But the small thing is huge in love, from someone who "gets me," and what a gift to have a friend like that. 
     You read my blog about blue ink running low--blue ink I use to write in my mother journal. I was full of hope that it would last as long as I needed it to, but it is about dry. With this renewed ink maybe I can fill more pages, as God ordains my mother's each day here on earth. Thank you Lydian Grace,my friend.

                With love, 
                      my mother's daughter
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...