Sunday, June 03, 2012

the view inside

Inside looking out or outside looking in, windows are a way to go deeper. 
They frame a familiar world we can see, or a world we can only guess about. 
My go-to window in our house is in the dining room. 
I see it from my chair at the kitchen table, and from it I have a general view of the comings 
and goings of the neighborhood. 
This favorite window of mine includes the Gardener's first Christmas gift to me when we were seriously dating teenagers ... two green glass vases. (He's always had good taste.) The little lavender vase is from a friend who has been with me through much of the "stuff" of life. And the little angel a gift from a former neighbor. One Valentine's Day I woke in the wee hours of morning, looked down at her house and into her kitchen window. The light was on and the priest sat with her at the table. I knew her husband had died. I got up and started cooking. It's just one of those little reminders of a piece of life.
The "Etching from Ecuador"--how I love this little piece of glass that moves with house currents that I don't even notice. Such a reflector of light that makes its way into an amazing number of places in our house. I had a hard time taking it's picture it moves so much. It never tires of finding the smallest piece of light to reflect!

13 comments:

  1. Podso,
    Such sweet little green vases...and yes!, the Gardener had great taste!I read a Country Woman magazine, many moons ago, that suggested you look our your window to see how your lawn appeared to family and visitors. Titled, "The View From My Window".. .this post has a much deeper meaning than my read article. Thought provoking!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that glimpse into your neighbor's life that morning... Your window is a pretty one with all the special decorative things that mean so much...love the little piece from Ecuador with another glimpse into a life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the view from your dining room window and the beautiful mementos of life on the sill. The green vases are pretty and very precious. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty things that you have in your window -- and not just things but memories!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first thought when I looked at your window was, you have sills - the only one I have is over the kitchen sink that hubby built for me.
    The green vases from your hubby are a timeless gift from so many years ago and look at the warm hue of light coming through. I like the etched glass, an unusual piece that I'm sure has memories for you.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have given me pause to reflect on how much I view outside our windows. Mostly, I find that all seems to be right in the neighborhood. Some windows, like your's, contain treasures that I need to see daily. Yes, the Gardener does have excellent taste.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful post on many levels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your green vases are lovely, as is the purple one. What precious memories they must evoke in you.
    Have a lovely day.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think windows are so interesting. So many bloggers share their worlds when they give us a peek out a window...I've done the same thing. Very good post....I'll think about it some more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Gardener began wooing your heart from the very start... ;)

    Enjoyed a glimpse of your view (out your window and through your life). blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:40 AM

    I love looking out your window and seeing through your perspective, Dotsie. What a beautiful life you live - what a beautiful person you are.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love green glass and your vases are lovely dear Podso. Thank you for sharing the cute etchings from Ecuador..I love that in your great window. Windows are so much fun...my daughter Sofia has a balcony in her master bedroom and you can see their neighbor's garden with the cutest couple of French bull-dogs. I adore windows, lol..Thank you sweetie for your great visit, I'm also with the grandgirls working myself thin; I had forgoten how hard it is to be a mom, no wonder it's when we're young!! Hugs to Lil'One.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree food feeds the soul and it's my go to in times of bliss and sorrow. God gave you a wonderful gift sweet friend.

    Leann

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...