Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Light in the Window

We still miss the kids across the street who moved last month. But it's great to get emails from my friend, their mom, and to continue hearing about their adventures as well as seeing them on their blog. The other day their mom wrote:

"Jack found a Henry Huggins book yesterday...he started reading it in bed at 8:00.... When I went to check on the kids at 10:15 he was still reading, legs propped up, all kicked back. He just grinned. I told him he needed to get to sleep and he said he really needed to find out what happened next. He read all but one chapter of that book! He said, 'Well, mom, I guess you didn't expect to find me still awake, huh?' If we still lived in the cul-de-sac  you would have seen a little light still on in his bedroom window!"

I think Jack is just starting first grade (homeschool).


Photo: Jack's bedroom window on moving day.

3 comments:

  1. How cute is he? Now he needs to read Mitch and Amy... that was always a good boy/girl book by Beverly Cleary. How I loved her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about him
    staying up to read that book!
    Warms my heart!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. last stanza of an Edna St. Vincent
    Millay poem:


    Her lawn looks like a meadow,
    And if she mows the place
    She leaves the clover standing
    And the Queen Anne's Lace!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...