Wednesday, August 27, 2008


It seems like yesterday. Thirty-seven years ago (tomorrow) we were married on the edge of Hurricane Doro. Things dried out enough to let all our guests get there, but a bridesmaid missed the rehearsal because of it. My mother told me tonight that she thinks it was so funny that we got dressed at our house (the parsonage) and then my bridesmaids and I marched in our wedding finery across the busy street to the church. I had forgotten that bit of drama.

It's been an eventful 37 years ... challenges we never dreamed of have met us along the way. But they've turned into precious memories of leaning on God and seeing His power! 

Best friends forever, we are.

note: A rare beardless photo of the gardener; probably the last time I saw his chin.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you on your anniversary! Many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, congratulations!
    I love that: Best friends forever!@


    Bonnie and Ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:09 AM

    Happiest of anniversaries to two wonderful people...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute you guys are! Look at that hair!=)=) Congrats on your anniversary, it's definitely something to celebrate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:02 AM

    Happy Anniversary! Love, Erin

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...