Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Old and the New: Happy Father's Day

This is a special father's day as youngest is now a father. His sweet little baby girl made her debut two days ago, just in time to wish her daddy a happy Father's Day. I always, of course, think of my own dear father, now in heaven, on this day of honoring our dads. He's pictured here with his firstborn daughter. I've always thought of him as the best dad a girl could have. And the other photo (I'm sure you can tell which is which) is my father's namesake, youngest son, with his firstborn daughter.

I must also honor "the Gardener,"  father of our two boys. I can't begin to describe all the wonderful ways he has fathered our sons--playing with them, reading to them, teaching them, listening to them, exploring with them, sacrificing for them, taking risks with them and for them, giving them the gift of time ... how much he means to all of us. Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you, dear Grandma. She is indeed beautiful! And I love that photo of your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, and now you are blessed to be called grandparents! May you enjoy these days of wonder and delight as I have these past 6 months.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...