Wednesday, January 09, 2008

a good rain check


We attempted to do some business at the motor vehicle place last week, but after the line had not moved once in  20 minutes, we decided to take a rain check. This morning we went early and once inside the door it did not take too long. There were two women "manning" the desks.  The younger one spent most of her time frustrated while studying overly large manuals, trying to help a man with an estate problem. We got the older, calmer, very together woman who obviously knew what she was doing. She was cheerful too (such demeanor is not always found at the DMV). We walked out smiling. Spouse said, "Can you imagine if we had gotten the other woman?" We thanked God that we got her!

We have a car belonging to the dean of our college overnighting in our garage (no place for it where they are visiting). We have not seen this gentleman since graduation day many, many years ago. He also taught us psych very well.  He happens to be a friend with friends of ours here in town. I could not get over the fact that we were visiting with Dr. B. in the front of our house last night. He didn't look any older, but he must have been in his 30s back then (though I probably thought he was at least 50.) How surreal.

One further note on today. Driving into our cul de sac from the grocery store, little Jack across the street motioned for me to stop as he had some news to share. He had lost his first tooth. Helped it out with his wash cloth. When I came back from another errand, he called me over, asking if I wouldn't like a closer look at the gaping hole. He just made my day! I told him tomorrow I would bring over my collection of my two boys' baby teeth. I am wondering why I still have them, and now what I should do with them. 

1 comment:

  1. Thos blueberries! OH MY!
    Love the new look of your blog.
    You've been working on it.
    I'll ask my sister what to do
    with those baby teeth! Or ask
    your son!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...