Wednesday, January 02, 2008

stewed tomatoes on a second date


Last night we had supper with friends and then went bowling. At their house. Really. They had gotten a new Nintendo  game for Christmas called Wii ... or something like that. All kinds of sports games to be played on the TV. You actually physically play the game.  We did a whole game of bowling. It was so real (sounds of the bowling alley, etc.) that one could easily think they were bowling. What amused us was how much we bowled like we used to.  Spouse took that long sweep of his arm and the curve always came down towards the end of the long lane. I messed up a lot, dropping the ball behind me (and saw bystanders jumping out of the way), and almost falling into the lane as I would drop the ball for the trip down the lane. How did these characteristics come through with just a virtual electronic game? 

The echo of the bowling alley remained with us as we drove home and we felt like we had really bowled--we were actually a little tired! It all reminded us of our second date so many years ago. Yep, we went bowling with another couple. I wore a red shirt dress, quite commonly worn in those days, striped with small flowers.  It was affectionately known by many on our small campus as my "stewed tomatoes dress." And yes, I probably fell into the bowling alley a few times too! Never mind, if it makes people laugh, it's okay!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:27 PM

    That was great. I can still hear the clatter of the pins falling--at least when they did fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:03 PM

    I love your new format. Your blog always is a blessing..

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...