Monday, October 29, 2007

Women Thoughts


the airport
Originally uploaded by podso
I was standing by the hospital elevator having a conversation with a grandson of my father's college roommate. As we said good-bye and I walked away, I thought to myself, "What a moment." To think that some 65 years later, old friends' offspring would randomly meet more than a thousand miles from the college connection. That's the sort of thing that gives me kind of a thrill. One of those rare, random encounters. At dinner with my brother and his wife, I related the incident. My sister-in-law piped up, "I know exactly what you mean. I always wonder when I'm in an airport or in a large crowd, if I'm passing someone I know, or someone related to someone I know. Those possible just-misses are fun to think about."

"Oh my, I think about that too in an airport, or some crowded event," I continued, " What if I just passed the niece of our old pastor? Who knows how connected we all really are?" Spouse and my brother looked at each other, totally stymied.

"Must be how women think." Well, at least these two women.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...