Monday, October 22, 2007

Praying for Rain


the seed that never grew
Originally uploaded by podso
"If My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Last night our church called a special service to pray for rain. The drought in our area is truly serious. I still have some summer flowers blooming, but it's sad to see rotting, unfertiliized grass seed (and this was the year we needed to seed a new lawn), and dying shrubs and trees. I'm wondering when our city will put further restrictions on our water use. There are several things we're doing at our house to help. I guess it has to be one person at a time making a difference.

We were reminded last night that God in His loving providence knows our situation here. We trust Him fully.

Meanwhile, I'm remembering from our days without water in Ghana, how many things one can do with just one bucket of water!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! We are FINALLY getting some rain here this week, so maybe it will scoot on over to you.....it's not like it's that far......I'll pray, too!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...