Monday, October 15, 2007

Just Me and My Pal


M*ch
Originally uploaded by podso
This old girl is really Spouse's dog, now that the kids have grown up. She licks his hands, not mine. She snuggles up to his chair, not mine. But when she needs something, she knows to go to her mama, a.k.a. "me."

Right now we are the sole occupants of this house. Spouse is winging his way to Europe and Resident Son is down south on a big project. Even my mom has gone out of town, so I don't need to keep track of her. It's a very unique experience for sure. Deliciously quiet, actually! I can do what I want, when I want, for a few days--other than the required hours at work. But right now, I have no choice, for it's time for us two gals to take a walk. She's passed me up in age by far and her arthritis shows more than mine, but off we'll go into the night air--two old friends. She "reads the news" at every mailbox, and I hope there isn't much news tonight, so I can get to bed.

1 comment:

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...