Wednesday, October 17, 2007

more on letters ...


letter from grandfather
Originally uploaded by podso
This is not my story, but one I read:

"I ran short of money while visiting my brother, and borrowed $50 from him.

"After my return home, I wrote him a short letter every few weeks, enclosing a $5 check in each one. He called me up and told me how much he enjoyed the letters, regardless of the money; I had never written regularly before.

"Eventually I sent off a letter and the last five-dollar check.

"In my mail box the next week I found an envelope from my brother. Inside was another $50."

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful letter. Emma and I just read it by clicking on it!
    That is a treasure!

    Bonnie and Emma

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...