Thursday, March 26, 2015

glass slippers


I have a favorite scene in the new C*nderella movie. What fun it was for me to take Little One to see the story with real life characters--a story we had acted out so many times when she was a bit younger.

Any young child coming out of this movie will be thinking about forgiving others, having courage, and being kind. I find that uplifting.

Back to my favorite. As we know Cinderella's best friends are the little mice that scurry here and there. Tension builds towards the end when the king's men travel around doing the glass slipper fitting thing. (I'm always amazed how there isn't one other foot somewhere in the kingdom also the size of C's.) But how will C get a chance to try it on since she is locked in the attic? Oblivious to what's going on downstairs, she sweetly sings but only the mice can hear it. Her little friends seem pretty smart about what's happening and get the idea to hang on the handle to open the window … three make a chain and try but it's not quite enough. The chubby one decides to toss his cheese-snacking habit for now and joins the mouse chain, being just the extra weight needed to crack the window and let C's lovely voice be heard down below. What a wonderful example of creative thinking, teamwork and love for a friend. And of course they all live happily ever after.

Photo: Little one at three wearing her "these will do for glass" slippers.

16 comments:

  1. What a pretty header! Oh I am hearing such good things about this movie that I want to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go see it that is... not leave. Ha! Cute little feet in those pretty shoes.

      Delete
  2. My girl friend and I went to see Cinderella, and we had pretty much the same observations as you...what a great story of genuine qualities in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took my nieces to see it two weeks ago - what a treat for all of us!! Every little girl should have a pair of glass slippers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We loved it too, for the very reasons you mentioned!

    I used to love to buy those play dress up shoes with a heel when I was a girl! Every girlie should have a pair!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post. I want to see the movie even more because I know "Rose" is Cinderella :) And such a cute photo of little one in hers...I remember always wanting a pair when I was little. It's so nice to know that although the story is an old one, the producers didn't try to make it so new that it was unrecognizable. It's nice to know that there are still movies being made that offer good lessons! And yes, that header is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such precious little feet. ;) I'll have to put this movie on my list!! :) blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make me want to see the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In a family of grand boys, I think I will have to go see this movie by myself. My hubby would probably go with me. It sounds wonderful! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have heard that is an excellent movie. Wish I had little ones to take to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Family that have gone to see the movie said it was very good and I'm hoping to go to the show myself. The cartoon version we grew up was fun but real people will be nice.
    I noticed painted toes in the glass slipper above!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We loved the movie too!! Kati, Bekah, and I had decided to see it, and then we asked my oldest daughter Kristin and her daughter Maddie to join us. But then Kati's boyfriend was here before we left and he decided to go with us...which we all found amusing! (It's amazing what a young man will do to be with a young woman...even go to see Cinderella!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard amnay good reviews about this new Cinderella movie. I wish my granddaughter were old enough to see it, but at 2 she is too young.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard so many good things about this movie. I wanted to take the 4 year old to see it, but her mother had it planned as a mother/daughter date and I wouldn't want to interfere with that. The 2.5 year old is too young, I think. Guess I'll have to take my husband! It's his birthday tomorrow. I wonder if he'd like that. haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our daughters saw it and loved the movie. We'll see it on dvd, and I'm very much looking forward to it. Love the Downton Abbey girls as Cinderella and one of her sisters!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...