Wednesday, September 26, 2012

after the mow

 Mowing today was a challenge. The Gardener put the mower at the highest setting since 
we have just recently aerated and seeded (necessary every fall here in the south -- maintaining 
a lawn is a constant battle.) So it was hard to tell where I had mowed. 
 I did a few swirls (vee) and probably left some undone.
 But after I had worked up a good sweat I noticed a few presents left for me by the Mow Fairy.
Yes we are still harvesting tomatoes, but never have we this late in the season. Picture perfect!
And hydrangeas? A bush full? Never before that I remember. 
I was surprised by beauty this morning,
(and pleased to see the baby new blades of grass bravely peeking out of the soil).
Simple pleasures!
And the large item taking over my dining room, covered by a sheet? 
My Monument to Patience. 
It's been there all summer while a room was vacated; now waiting patiently for 
some small repairs, and then I will flourish the paint brush and move in the bed.
 I'm hoping for next week!

12 comments:

  1. Monument to Patience. Love that. I could use a couple myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll soon trade mowing for shoveling snow. The tomatoes look luscious and the hydrangeas are beautiful. Looking forward to the room reveal!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've lived with that in the dining room all summer? That's how I felt about our standing AC unit. So glad that we don't need it anymore.

    Oh this post just makes me grin. Perhaps because you tried a few swirls in the grass. I hope that no helpful neighbor came along and mowed them straight. =D

    Lovely hydrangea blooms and red, ripe tomatoes ready to go is a gift, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of good gifts came your way. I love the colour of those hydrangeas - a little bit faded, like summer herself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last little remnants of summer! They mean a lot!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I've never heard of the mow fairy. The tomatoes are picture perfect and I'll bet taste like summer.
    We don't have grass anymore, and I never cut it but hubby used to mow two ways to create a diamond pattern.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pretty mauve hydrangea. Mine are all rosy and green now. I should take a pic of them. My little patio tomato plant is still producing small green tomatoes. I may have to pick them and ripen them indoors soon. They sure are tasty. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's what you do....move that sheet covered monstrosity, take away the tomatoes, and if it's sunny tomorrow, get another shot of those flowers with the corner cabinet in the background.

    It's a perfect set-up. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like we have the same lawn care plan! We just aerated and seeded too, lawns require a lot of attention. Love your hydrangeas, mine are still blooming too. Thanks for stopping by, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. i hope that you dreams of a transformed room come true. Our garden is still being harvested and though we picked only green tomatoes they are starting to ripen in the dark cool room. Your hydrangeas are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos are like still life art.....I enjoyed

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmm.. it is wonderful to still have garden sweet tomatoes this late isn't it?

    Can't wait till you share the big reveal:) I don't have sheets to hide my patience - they glare at me:)

    Enjoy your weekend!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...