Wednesday, December 20, 2017

'tis the season

I've tried to be less busy this month, preferring quiet moments.
And I haven't done any Christmas shopping in a store this year. Maybe
I should do a mall visit just for fun--but probably not.
We've enjoyed having friends in, going to a couple of parties, and most recently,
a tea party for our oldest granddaughter and some of her friends.
It was fun (at least for me.) They did consume the sweets!
Then there was the school Christmas concert. Now we have two to watch.
And a visit to school to help grandson with the blankets they were
preparing for "babies or old people." Both cutting the
fuzzy fabric and tying knots was a challenge for KG.
Thus the required adult participation,
Every grandchild has played with this creche 
more than anything else when at Grandma's during Christmas.
Just as their dad and uncle did. The Story never grows old.
The jury is still out on this pencil tree, giving our new knee and repaired back
 a break from bringing our big tree out of the "crawl in" attic space.
I'm missing some of the ornaments that didn't fit.
The grands are just happy it's not their tree!

My sister once wrote, "Everything we need in this life and the next was 
held in that Bethlehem manger 2000 years ago. Our hopes, desires, dreams, 
and above all, our need for forgiveness and fellowship with God are all 
gathered up and met in the baby born that night."
May your joy be full and complete as you celebrate His birth.
~~~~~~


13 comments:

  1. All of the treats look so special on the pretty dishes! Enjoy your sweet family and these special moments! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what your sister wrote, Dotsie! It looks like you enjoyed many sweet times this month. The tea is especially sweet! There are many yummy desserts at your pretty table. Your pencil tree is very nice with the books around the skirt.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God for His love and care for us in sending Jesus, God with us. A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm liking the pencil tree! Oh, what fun: blanket making, program attending, tea party creating! All with your loves. Precious moments. And, it is so special that multi-generations have enjoyed your creche as they learn the true Christmas story. Your sister has it right... all the way. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year, Dotsie! xoxo ~ t.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't go to the mall!! I've done everything online this year, but had to stop in the bookstore yesterday for one thing. A madhouse!! Much better to stay home and enjoy your tea and family. I'm so looking forward to having grandchildren someday, and doing tea parties like you. What a special time. I love to have a nativity set that children can play with. It's a special tradition for us to move the wise men closer every day, and to put Jesus in the manger on Christmas morning after we've sung Happy Birthday to Him. Merry Christmas! xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete

  6. “The grands are just happy it's not their tree!”
    Hahahahahahaha...my grands’ sentiments exactly. It’s cute as can be and saved the back and knees...what’s not to love?!

    I did not go to the mall, but I did enjoy my shopping trip to both Target and The Christmas Tree Shop.

    Your sister’s comment is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Deborah...the grocery stores are even crazy! Thank goodness for Amazon! The final deliveries are to be here today! What a precious tea party you set your grand and I know they will always cherish those special memories.I think your pencil tree is beautiful. I have a skinny tree but not quite pencil-y. Merry Christmas hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas, Dotsie! The grandchildren know what's what with their play and opinions! I'm venturing to the grocery store and fabric store today, hopefully not to the mall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas!

    Your tree is very pretty, and while the grands might be sad about your tree, its the right thing for you and the gardener this year! I love your nativity. The greatest story, gift ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pencil tree looks like it went on a diet this year--is this another message to me?! A lovely message from your sister. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dotsie, I love the tree! It's good to take care of yourself and take quiet time to enjoy the season! Merry Christmas to you and yours! Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love the pencil tree! It looks so elegant there in your living room! You have made sweet memories this season with your grands. I know that the girls must have loved that charming tea party!

    Your sister's words are beautiful truth. They are worth reading again . . . and pondering . . .

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm definitely not a mall kind of person. Love that the school was doing a blanket project with the kids. I'm really liking that tree. Have never seen one that skinny before. I've stopped putting up our big one because it just seems like such a hassle, so I just have a tiny little table top tree that my youngest makes fun of. :) Christmas blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...