Sunday, December 17, 2017

simple fare

Just plain cooking--laced with a little ambience--and so we invited good friends to 
join us at the kitchen table for "supper." Perfect for a cold winter night.
I made spaghetti--a favorite of ours. And a salad. 
Our friends brought some of their holiday treats for dessert. 
Coffee--and then an old movie, based on an Irish Italian restaurant. 
You probably know it. One time when we were talking, the movie had came up and
we discovered they'd never seen it. Since we have the movie (on VHS) 
we planned the evening, and we chose the menu to go with the movie.
With a pleasant fire going in the fireplace, we cranked up the old VCR, 
passed around blankets and we were set.
An easy and fun evening.

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like an evening I would love. Very curious about the movie! The name?

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I know that movie - there's a heart involved right? with Minnie Driver. It's a charming movie. I love your festive kitchen table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds perfect, easy and just right for friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this kind of evening!! Love it! Wishing you a wonderful week... blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea! Sounds like a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're amazing. Simple pleasures indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a relaxing and enjoyable evening. We had a little birthday party for my husband yesterday, just four of us, and pulled a card table in front of the fire to work on a puzzle together. Cozy evenings are the best! xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun evening and most definitely another beautiful table setting...LOVE the tablecloth! I have to snicker...I just saw the pic you posted on Instagram of the unique angle of the dry spaghetti...my comment was "I see spaghetti in your future" when actually I see it was in your past! Sounds like a fun evening and I have already decided I am tired of holiday food...that's why I decided a couple of days ago to have lasagna for our family Christmas meal. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table looks so inviting, Dotsie. Your beautiful Christmas dishes look so lovely on your pretty tablecloth. I would enjoy an evening like you had. Sounds very cozy and relaxing. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your themed events! Seems like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds just right!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...