Wednesday, November 16, 2016

a rare hodgepodge wednesday

1. Share one of your happy thoughts here: Looking forward to the holidays after a long hot summer and election season. Family coming, friend gatherings, and quiet moments at home … all 
are things to be happy about.

2. There's a Chinese proverb that says, "If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap, if you want happiness for a day, go fishing." What say you? It doesn't take much to make me happy: a walk in the woods … a ride over back roads … a bike ride … playing with my grands!
3. Where do you go to decompress from the world around you? 
Water does it--lake or ocean, or the mountains.  Even home--with a cup of tea and a good book.

4. What song never fails to make you happy? It's hard to choose. Music is soothing and 
often brings joy, but what popped into my head immediately 
was the 2013 Ph*rrell Williams "Happy." 
It's a real "perker upper."

5. Today is National Fast Food Day.What's the last fast food you consumed? If you were putting together your own version of happy meal what would it include? Fast food has it's place, 
I suppose and possibly our most recent may have been a Chick-fil-a piece of chicken 
on a recent road trip. My own happy meal would include an apple, cheese, nuts, olives, 
a piece of very dark chocolate and a bottle of water.
6. In a few sentences tell us why you blog: I started blogging to give me an outlet for 
writing and expressing some thoughts after my father died 11 years ago. 
I love both photography and writing so it was a good combination for both. 
What I didn't realize initially how I'd come to appreciate the community 
that you find with other bloggers. 
7. List seven things you're especially grateful for today: 
Each and every day I'm thankful for my relationship with God and His daily grace; 
my gentle, very tall husband; the heritage of my family,
 the internet to keep in close touch with friends and family; 
my loving boys; grandchildren; and our freedom.


8. Your own random thought: 
Relief has come with cooler weather finally arriving. 
Some rain would be wonderful, but meanwhile the early
darkness settling in calls for candles and coziness. 

20 comments:

  1. This entire post is an ahhhhh one. And that scene from your window? Swoon...gorgeous. The color is mostly gone here except for the low lying bushes and shrubs. Enjoy these homey days leading up to the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your Hodgepodge today, especially your random. Hope you have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like reading these posts, they're revealing and interesting. Your idea of a happy meal is mine as well and I wish I'd discovered dark chocolate years ago - now I don't care to have milk chocolate at all. Your mantle looks lovely, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your Hodgepodge neighbour today. I enjoyed reading your post - your mantle looks lovely - and we chose the same song! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do people try to hard to be happy to me it's simple .
    Sit in the garden with a ice block if hot , if cold a cup of coffee and cake.
    A nap in front of the TV with the cricket on never fails.
    A day out with good friends.
    Spending time with family especially the new twins.
    Merle............

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on decompression destinations. And your Happy Meal is my cup of tea minus the olives. Your mantel is lovely with the sweet little twinkle lights. I bought some today and my mantel is twinkling as well. Have a nice evening, Dotsie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely, soothing hodgepodge Dotsie. I do like your idea of a fast food meal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful thoughts on hodgepodge and I enjoyed reading your thoughts on each question. I love Fall and all it's elements...Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah yes...good answers! The things that make you happy sound a lot like mine. Your mums still look so pretty, Mine have long since shriveled up. I think I bought them too early in the season. And that view from that window of yours....pure heaven! Yes, we need rain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been doing a raindance for about a week, it hasn't helped. Your happy places are mine too. So many bloggers have mentioned a walk in the woods...it is so soothing and peaceful.
    Cheers!
    Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, yes, the cooler temperatures and the blazing color are so welcome! It is time for "cozy" and I feel that in this post. As some of your other commenters have said, that view is stunning!

    I love your gratitude list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such JOY in this post. Brings me up short to pay better attention. I need to stop more. Look around, you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovey post full of sweet perspective. And now I'm humming the happy song :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so enjoyed this post, so many answers are the same as I would have written. Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your photos taken through the windows. Your recipe for happiness works for me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have some lovely views through your windows, Dotsie! I'm glad it has finally cooled off here too. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Dotsie,

    I really enjoyed your answers to these questions and felt like your answers summed up some of my very own thoughts. I'm truly relieved the election is over and am looking forward to the holiday season. We love Thanksgiving and Christmas, too. We're blessed here to be able to spend time with our families and our son.

    I love your pictures, especially the first, second, and last one. You have such a nice outdoor area at your home. Thanks so much for your visit earlier in the week and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Warm hugs,

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all the colors in this post... my favorite photo is the window, though. I love the composition, the shape of the window, and the beautiful setting beckoning you to come enjoy the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the whole post! Wonderful thoughts and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved reading your answers to these questions. I agree that chocolate, especially a Lindt 90% cacao bar, makes great fast food!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...