Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What Mothers Know

I am so privileged to still have my mother nearby. Even though our roles have changed to a certain degree, she still seems to know more about many things than I do, and she never ceases to amaze me. The other day I learned that she knows how to tie a bow; something I never have been able to do properly. I didn't think about the fact that she would know, but of course, for certainly she tied many a sash on the back of her three little girls' dresses over the years. My niece was trying on a dress, and Mother matter-of-factly tied the bow right away.

"Can you teach me?" We went over it and over it and over it again, and I think I finally got it, to the soft and patient melody of my young niece: "Are we done yet?"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nice to hear from you. I didn't save your blog swoI didn't know how to find you again. Then Susan mentioned you at the quilt show!
    You are privileged tohave your mother nearby. My mom died 4 years ago and I miss her a lot.
    Rhondi

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...