Sunday, April 27, 2008

the power of a handwritten note


I was reminded today of the impact a simple note can make. Several years ago I wrote to a family I did not know well, to encourage them about something we had in common. I never heard from them, nor saw them again. But because of what we share in common, I often think of them and wonder if they ever received what I wrote.

Today the father of the family sought us out at church. What a surprise to see him--we didn't even know if they were still at our (rather large) church. He remembered that note all these years later, and had been wanting to thank us, letting us know how much it had meant to them that we had remembered and had written it.

Lesson to be learned: no feedback means nothing.  Just do what God tells you to do, and let it go from there. He does His work, using your little part.

2 comments:

  1. OH....that fed my soul.
    I just made 3 birthday cards for this
    coming week. Those two are rare to have in the mailbox. Thanks for the
    encourgement and ALL of your handwritten notes.

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is so true. We never know when a note or a word will have a profound effect on someone.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...