Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Phone Conversation

"Hello, Mrs. C__? This is the Caymen Polling Company calling."

"Bowling company?" I asked back.  

"No, I said polling company," she giggled.

" I just bowled the other night for the first time in years, and I thought someone noticed how good I was."  By now she was having a hard time talking seriously.  She began to ask me questions about my employment in the healthcare industry.  "How did you know where I work?" I asked.

"I don't know, it just came up on the computer."  She continued to ask questions about my job and if I was happy there and thought I'd be working there five years from now.  Spouse, overhearing the conversation mouthed, "I bet it's going to end up that they are looking for nurses." I asked her that. "No," (she was still an the verge of giggles), "I need a new job myself." I suggested she consider nursing. I hope I was alleviating some of the boredom she must face with her current job.

Then the conversation took a sharp turn. "How important is health care legislation to you?" A few more questions/comments and then an even sharper turn, "Do you know who you will vote for?" "What political party are you registered with?"

That was quite a wandering conversation.  From bowling (well, polling) to HC. We could have gotten right to the point and saved HC some money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...