Friday, March 21, 2008

When the Sun Is At Its Best


After bedtime prayers, I used to tuck my little boys in bed and say, "See you in the morning when the sun is at its best." Due to the extensive amount of travel we've been doing these weeks, as well as my usual days away from home working, I feel I've lost out on badly needed "home time." I love being home, I love having things around me that tell me stories about our lives, and I love seeing the sun streaming in the windows especially in the mornings. So with the precious little time I have had at home this week, I've found myself stumbling around figuring out what needs my attention the most. And I badly feel the need of accomplishing a project, but there's no time for that these days.  So midst my fretting the other day I stopped myself and said, "Each moment is what it is. It's what it's to be, you have done what should be done with it, and you can only do that one thing (well I do like to multi task at times). Let it go, and go for the next moment.

I made a meal for a family with a new baby on one of those days (I had the extreme joy of caring for the newborn in the hospital last week), but it took me way too long to make it. And I think it's because of the fretting I'm doing with this lack of time at home. It completely exhausted me, which shouldn't be. So I looked at the sunshine streaming in the window, especially welcome after a rainy day, soaked it in, and lived for that sunny moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...