Sunday, March 16, 2008

back road baby

On our way home from Atlanta, Spouse wanted to take back roads. Back roads from Atlanta? A bit "over the top" I'd say. That could take hours (and it did––an extra 2 1/2 at least.) Spouse is known for loving back roads. I do too, and love to stop at local eating places, even though here in the south such places often mean an extra helping of grease. But on a Sunday afternoon when I wanted to get home, "back roads" just wasn't what I wanted.

One interesting thing was driving through the heart of  the University of Georgia. Fun to see creatively painted bulldogs on each corner. But I declare Spouse slept through the best scenery. But a nap comes, and can't be helped.

Sunset arrived and then things got good. My absolutely favorite time to drive. Traffic has died down (of course on back roads you about have them to yourself anyway), we turn the volume up on some country music and just relax as the miles fly by. It's so good to be together, me and my "back road baby."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...