Thursday, March 06, 2008

Stones for the Temple


"What comforts me is the thought that we are being shaped here below into stones for  the heavenly temple--that to be made like Him is the object of our earthly existence. He is the shaper and carpenter of the heavenly temple. He must work us into shape, our part is to be still in His hands; every vexation is a little chip; also we must not be in a hurry to go out of the quarry, for there is a certain place for each stone, and we must wait till the building is ready for that stone ..." (Charles George Gordon, 1833-1885)

Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone; in whom all the building fitly framed together grows into a holy temple in the Lord... Ephesians 2:20-21

1 comment:

  1. I like that part about not hurrying
    out to the quarry. Waiting. Be still in His hands. I think of that when I see a stone wall. Thanks for the
    quote. I don't know Charles Gordon~~ British theologian?

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...