Friday, February 15, 2008

Clearly


It seems with Spouse's health crises over the past two years, we've forgotten about the eye doctor. No wonder I could no longer see with my glasses––to the point of not even bothering with them. (Actually since I am near sighted, my distance vision has improved as my near vision has, of course, worsened ... one of the few benefits of needing specs to see the blackboard in school.) So we celebrated Valentine's Day by going to the eye doctor together, and soon we will be seeing clearly again.

Seems I have noticed the word "clearly" being used so much these days. I almost wonder if it's a buzz kind of word. Spouse thinks it gives time (a nano second) to get to the word you really want to say. Listen for it. You will
clearly see how often it is used these days.

But speaking of "clearly," I have been aware lately how much more aware I am of my environment ... how
clearly I am seeing things around me. It is like putting glasses on. It may be my age or life stage ... but, my, there is soooo much beauty around. I am finding myself savoring views, the clasp of my husband's hand, the sound of a bird singing, even enjoying the view of the potted plant on my table. Which makes me think, if this is all so great, how much greater the views and the senses in heaven, clearly, will be!

1 comment:

  1. A lovely post. I agree so much with your last paragraph.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...