Wednesday, August 01, 2007

A Road Well Traveled


road traveled
Originally uploaded by podso
I love a quote from "In His Everlasting Arms" by Gail MacDonald: "Someone wisely said that a contented person is one who enjoys the scenery along the detour." Well said and certainly the life attitude I would like to have. I remember a busy time in my life when such detours would stress me. By detours I mean a long gas line, a long wait at the doctor's, or anything else that did not fit into my ideal time plan. I used to remind myself to look at those delays as a gift of time. I either tried to read a book I had along, or to work on my calendar, or to just think and pray. When I stop stressing about what is going on, somehow the wait becomes an unexpected blessing ... and sometimes, the very slightest bit of disappointment when the end of the line arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...