Saturday, July 28, 2007

Please Pass the Salt and Pepper


s and p
Originally uploaded by podso
Last Sunday at lunch my mother reached for the salt and pepper and said, "Oh, these remind me so much of my mother!" During the Great Depression my grandmother collected pretty pink dishes--called Depression Glass. My mother remembers using them at the table as she was growing up. By the time we grandchildren sat at my grandmother's table, they were stored in the basement. When I got married, which coincided with my grandmother cleaning out her house and moving to an apartment, I got the depression glass, along with her wonderful hope chest. I love using them, and love the fact that a reminder of my grandmother sits on our kitchen table!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to have something of your grandmother's on your table and to have your mother sitting there with you.

    I'm sorry I never answered your e-mail. It was good to see you, and I'm glad to hear that spouse seems to be getting on the right track.

    I'm off to a first birthday party. I'll bet you can't guess whose.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...