Sunday, July 22, 2007

Beyond the Wall


beyond the wall, originally uploaded by podso.

A friend loaned me Jan Karon's last Mitford book to read in the mountains. It was fitting as it could have taken place very near where we were. I felt like I was in the book as we drove winding back roads through mountain communities. As we passed little churches I wondered which was Father Tim's! I thought of this quote as I gazed upon the very mountains he describes: " Beyond the wall, it appeared that the whole of creation opened itself to him. An ocean of the world's oldest mountains rolled away on their journey to the west, green upon green, and in the great distance, blue upon blue. Small lakes of mist collected in the hollows, a poker-red sun cast its light upon the ridges and hogbacks as it ascended ... " (Light from Heaven)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:09 PM

    wow what a lovely magnificent picture. I love Jan's books. Hope you and spouse had a refreshing and uplifting time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:37 AM

    Well written article.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...