Thursday, July 16, 2015

not just a granny square

When we taught our mentor girls how to crochet one thing led to another.
Before we knew it there were some 40 women in our church getting
together once a month to share patterns, ideas, and bring together our completed projects.
When everything is gathered together, the colors are vibrant and amazing.
Our prayer shawls, potholders, dishcloths, soap holders, lap blankets, baby blankets,
booties, baby caps, headbands, dish scrubbers, baskets, scarves, blankets … and more …go all over
our city and the world beyond, and wherever they go, 
recipients smile and are blessed by the gift. 
In June we sent 1200 items with a team to Haiti. 
Soap holders that double as washcloths are used there, 
as well as potholders for women cooking over open fires, 
or to protect their hands when carrying heavy buckets of water.

We put wings to the work of our fingers!

19 comments:

  1. I shouldn't be amazed but yet again I am by you and all your friends in making these items for the women of Haiti. Really, I wish I were there to hug all of you. :)

    Thanks for your kind comment on the broken arm...I knew you would understand the pain.

    Kane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoy my prayer shawl group...I don't need to know where they go, I just know it offers me an opportunity to pray for the one who is to receive it. It's like money in the bank. And it is so rewarding! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lot of good work going out to bless others. Seems like a win-win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to have such a special gathering of hands to make these lovely and utile creations.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a colourful collection of items for those in need and I love how you said that wings were put to the work of your fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love. love. love. love. love. seeing this, Dotsie... so much love in those stitches!!! And such a panorama of color! Delights my soul. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful...the colors, the fellowship, and the spirit of giving!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this!

    You mentors light a flame that is now blessing people all over the world!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stitching projects and a wonderful cause! I bet it helps to get together with others for inspiration...and perseverance. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such joy in the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful important work to bless others. So many colors--I'm sure the recipients will make good use of your gifts. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great array of items you ladies have been working on. The colours are beautiful and the blessings to the recipients are many.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful, beautiful use of your skills!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great blessing upon blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Podso,
    Two~fold blessings, dear friend!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow ! Your group has been busy and I know everything you have made is so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  17. All of if looks wonderful and I am sure they will be so appreciated. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So wonderful to work together and send these lovely items to those who have great needs. I am sure they appreciate your love and thoughtfulness. We have a little girl in Haiti through Compassion.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...