Wednesday, December 17, 2008

a simpler time

We aren't really "doing" Christmas presents this year, except for the  "little ones." (It's incredibly freeing, and we are giving, instead, money to some needy families and also to a container going to Haiti.)  And I'm not baking many cookies either. Rather than running to stores (though the half-off sales are very enticing) I find myself dropping by thrift shops. There is such charm there. They are usually crowded with people, obviously affected by hard times, looking for just the right things to clothe their families, to decorate their homes, or to place under their trees.  

Maybe finding a treasure there endears the places to me as well. At the back of a shelf at GW I found something I have always wanted. I already have enough teapots to serve tea to a roomful of people, so I didn't need another. But this teapot shouted my name. I brought it home. And it's moved up front and center to my favorite every day teapot. To justify the 2.99 purchase, I mentally noted I may give it away someday. But for now, I love the shape and the fact that it's in my favorite house color.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful teapot...the shape echoes my Brown Betty. So pretty, I can understand you enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...