Monday, May 07, 2007

A View of History


historical view
Originally uploaded by podso.
Most of the things sitting around my house have meaning. I love that. I can walk from room to room and be reminded of our family, dear friends, events or trips .... These things that decorate my house are not just "purchased possessions" ... to me they are like jewels illustrating our family history. For example, left to right: 1976: Williamsburg; 1942: parents and grandparents at the Jersey Shore; 2005: my father's funeral; 1942: spouse's parents' wedding; circa 1920: my father and brothers. Forefront: circa 1910: my grandmother and girlfriends; 2006: birthday pottery. All sitting on crocheted handwork brought from Romania. Oh yes, and the pewter pitcher? Spouse's thoughtful purchase at Good Will (knowing my love of pitchers). (By the way, thanks for the idea of using this image, Cann!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...