Friday, February 13, 2015

Heart Party Part 1

Part 1
I love valentines, tea parties, and sharing it all with little girls. I look back at some of the tea parties 
I've had with little girls, now all grown up--some with their own children, 
some off to college…. Now it's time for some new little girls. 
I picked up Little One and her friend after school the other day and we came to my house 
for a tea party. Two other little girls joined us. Two were 6 3/4, one was 5 2/3, and one was 3 1/2. 
Or so they said (you know age can get a little competitive, at least at that age.)
Our conversation hit all kinds of topics, from where in the world is
Hong Kong, to how tall South African penguins are, to the meaning of arrogant.
Hearts of cheese were extremely popular. I think they were hungry.
The cookies were just OK. I feel like I've lost my touch in
decorating cookies, but these girls didn't mind. Their core values for cookies:
icing, it's thickness, and the embellishments.
They were such sweet little ladies. I noticed at the start they were all
sitting with hands folded on their laps, just smiling.
We read from God's Valentine Chapter and substituted "Jesus"
whenever there was the word "love" as our pastor did last Sunday.
"Jesus is patient and kind; Jesus does not envy or boast; He is not arrogant or rude. 
Jesus does not insist on his own way, He is not irritable or resentful . . . Jesus
rejoices with the Truth. Jesus bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."
Stay tuned for Part 2.

17 comments:

  1. You had a lovely tea party with the girls! I love the topics of conversation....were these their topics? And your cookies looked fine to me. I'm sure they didn't last long. I would never have thought to cut cheese into heart shapes--great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dotsie, how adorable!! How sweet for you to have your little friends over for a Valentine's tea. That is going to be a wonderful memory for these little sweeties. Everything looks delicious! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tea party. I don't think you have lost your touch; although sometimes I do feel that way too. I keep thinking I hope it tastes better than it looks. lol
    I think everything looks so pretty in the pink decorations. Such a lovely post. xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a memorable date. Love is made of memories :)
    Today myself , our two daughters and one and only granddaughter shared an "out" brunch. A combination of sharing the family love and a 17th birthday....oh where have those years gone.
    Beautiful table setting which I'm sure you enjoyed creating :)
    Thanks for those lovely photos and little girls sweet heart jumper top.
    Alexa-asimplelife visiting from Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Memories that will last them a lifetime were made at that sweet table. I look forward to Part II. Happy Valentine's Day!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun and a pretty table for the young ladies. My cookie decorating has become much simpler and as you say, as long as they look yummy, that's all that matters. The little gal with the hearts on her top is certainly dressed for the occasion and the reading you did with the girls has a good lesson within.
    Happy Valentine's Day Dotsie. It was only 43F this morning and we had to put the furnace on, I could see my breath walking the dog. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know when sometimes you are blindsided by the emotions something brings... well, this one has tears flowing... Your tenderness with them... melts my heart, Dotsie. Thank you. blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun! I love the cheese hearts, of course. Such a sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such sweetness! I love the care you take to create a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how special for those little ladies of such fun ages! The scripture verse was incredibly moving put that way...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait until my two wee granddaughters are just a bit older. Your tea party looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is sweet! I am so happy you have some 'new' girls to have a tea party with. What a lovely table and treats. I'm certain they felt special. I am going to borrow your cheese hearts idea!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, lovely. What a sweet idea that these little girls will always remember.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amen, sister! this is AWESOME - you delight me in how you are teaching young ladies the importance of our Lord in our lives, and the "WWJD" attitudes of life.

    I love your tablescape - it is so awesome for "Heart Day!" Hugs! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. aww... so, so sweet! Don't these times just warm your heart beyond words!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful dress....and cookies,they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I read part 2 first and am going backwards. Such fun to attend your party.

    The girls have it exactly right about the cookies...it's all about thick and soft with good icing and lots of sprinkles, etc :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...