Thursday, June 14, 2007

random thoughts


back of the envelope
Originally uploaded by podso.
OUT OF THE MOUTH OF ... my physical therapist ... came a firm reminder this morning of why God allows suffering, what I can do with it, and that I need to avoid bitterness. I don't even know if she believes the way I do, but she sure was a voice from God on a morning after a night filled with fear. With that under my belt we headed for yet another cardiology appointment and found some reassuring news, as well as obtained a miracle earlier appointment booking with the next guy to see. God is good all the time. It's amazing what some good news can do for your outlook, even when you try to be faithful in your trust and peace ... good news is just such a boost!

A RAINY AFTERNOON OF TEA, talk and making cards at Bonifice's was a soul nourisher ... while the rain nourished our parched earth. There I learned that I am not the only one who did not know what was for dinner tonight. All my married life I've wished for organized weeks of menus, but the times that happened over these (wondrous) 36 years probably could be counted on one hand. And I thought I was the only unorganized one. How comforting. And then as I faced finding supper at super walmart on the way home, I found several other friends doing the same ... and we all met in the same (cereal) aisle! We here in this large metropolis, at least in my circle of friends, call such meetings a "Mitford Moment."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...