Thursday, March 29, 2007

First Class Sleep


Night sky
Originally uploaded by podso.
Several months ago I wrote about Spouse's feet flying home from England in first class. Fairly often his body gets upgraded to first class also, such as on our way to Los Angeles enroute to Thailand. But I have never gone first class ... until on our way home from LA. I could hardly believe it! But, alas, no white linen table cloth, or the tinkling of glass and airline bone china. We were on the "redeye" overnight to hometown. All I got was a bottle of water and sleep.

Sleep came quickly and deeply, but only for a short while. Before long I was wide awake in a sleeping upper class cabin filled with folks who could pay so much more for a ticket. I was feeling a little cheated by just a water bottle when I looked out the window to behold the beauty of the night skies. It was a clear night. The stars were so close, dimmed only by an occasional lightening in the distance. It was as if God had set this first class time up just for me: a comfortable chair, a decent size window, water to drink and a view of the heavens. I gazed in utter awe of my Creator and time flew as I watched, wondered, and worshipped.

"When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...