Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Hark!


hearken; listen attentively
Originally uploaded by podso

En route to my Tuesday office this morning, a car in front of me sharply turned into a side street. I was startled to realize that I had turned into that same street a year ago this very day at the very same hour. A year ago my husband, on a cell phone from a city four hours away, had asked me to pull over for some news. He told me that he was sure he had another PE but felt he could drive home and did not want to go to the emergency room when he got here. A rather eventful day followed, not without extreme stress, and it's been a bit of a rollarcoaster ever since. But hark! Pause, listen attentively to what God has done in our lives over this year. God has sustained spouse; he is feeling better than he has in a long time; and we need to rejoice over God's abundant grace in our lives. And just some icing on the cake––the weather is cool, cool, cool today! Fall has come!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:51 AM

    To appreciate every moment as it comes seems to be so critical to joy, and obedience. I'm trying to avoid taking on worry or looking at the future over-much.

    This post is perfect for that type of thinking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good news indeed.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...