Saturday, December 23, 2006

Subtle Golden Tones

My sister's friend, and my friend by email, adds a comment to the Rose Colored Glasses. I love it!

"After having a cataract removed from my left eye recently, I noted that everything from that eye appeared crisp and fresh and true to tone. However, my right eye, complete with cataract, records something entirely different. Everything has a very subtle golden tone, like late afternoon, when the shadows are long and everything looks lovely. What a shock! I am trading off my burnished tones for clear unsullied vision. Why in the world should I even think twice about that? It is just that everything is a bit lovelier with the untouched right eye. A little hazy, a little enhanced ... Could the golden cast on things also be a gift from God for our older selves to see the world through a golden filter? Or am I just romanticizing again? Guess I will have to go out and buy a pair of your rose colored glasses.

"Oh yes, and I can also now see my wrinkles in all of their glory. That's a bummer!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...