Sunday, March 05, 2006

Around and around and around

It is a bright and sunny Sunday. Spring is popping out everywhere you look with the accompanying allergies. I left the house earlier than my husband this morning to go and bring my newly widowed mother to church. Usually that is followed by a leisurely meal together. But as I drive off every Sunday towards her house, I see a spinning wheel. Life comes at you fast, and in circles, around and around and around. For it seems like just yesterday that my mother was leaving the house early on a Sunday to pick up her mother, newly widowed, to bring to our church and home for dinner. Blink and 30 years have flown by. Everything is cyclical, isn't it--bills, seasons, growling stomachs, final exams....it all comes again and again, as do generational patterns! I guess we are old enough to take all that in now, as we see our parents' generation gracefully slipping into old age and death. Our kids are now the ones exploring and enjoying independence as young adults that it seems we were doing just a short while ago. What will it be like 30 years forward from now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...