Monday, November 06, 2017

Littlest and Puppy

It's so hard to keep the grandchildren from growing up.
It's actually impossible.
Therefore I'm savoring time with them this school year.
I volunteer in the original "Little One's" (now 9) classroom one morning a week.
I can't express the delight it is for me to sit at a table and listen to the kids
read their chapter books aloud.  Every so often we have to stop and chat.
They often have twinkles in their eyes as they mention something 
they learned from their grandparents about the "old days."
I pick up the next youngest from KG two days a week and bring him back
to my house for a couple of hours. It saves his mom carpool time.
These are precious times, at least for grandma.
As far as Littlest, now in preschool, we enjoy special arranged times.
The other day, on the way from school to my house, she was missing her "puppy"
and had the idea of making a house for him.
Little did she know Grandma had the perfect box,
just an hour before placed in the recycle.
She described just how we would make it--and we did!
The buttons her tiny hands used to sort were now used for decorations.
The green decorative arches doubled as handles in case it becomes a "puppy carrier."

Back at home it was a perfect fit for Puppy.
I even heard Puppy, in the "Carrier," went along for trick or treating!

16 comments:

  1. Littlest is quite creative!! She made a darling puppy carrier!

    I love that you are investing special times to make memories with each of the grandchildren. You are inspiring me to make a greater effort to make some "individual" memories. With six in one family and four in the other, it can sometimes be challenging to carve out special times with only one child, but I think it is worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious memories are being forged in every single one of these special times. You are an amazing Grandma! I love that you are able to carve individual time for each of the littles. blessings and hugs ~ tanna
    PS thank you for your sweet BD wishes! Yes, I am thinking I am going to like this sixth decade more and more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awl, this just warms my heart. Boy you are sooooo right about the grands growing too fast. I have been really sick, so unable to see my Baby Bug for almost two weeks and when I finally did she was taller, her hair was longer, she had different mannerisms. I was in shock.

    Oh, Father Time, please please slow down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Hugs. Pop on over for a visit soon, I miss ya. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling puppy carrier for your granddaughter. You are making wonderful memories that will last a lifetime, Dotsie. They really do grow up so fast. It really does seem like yesterday when they were born. My grands love doing little things with us, but little do they know it means the world to us. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh they do grow a little too fast for us, don't they? What a great little project! It's great that you can be involved in their school and with picking them up from school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How precious!
    You volunteer in a grandchild's classroom? That is a wonderful idea. I wonder if I could do that here? Lillypad is expecting #3 and #1 starts "big school" in September. I will have to look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing children involved in imaginative play and creating (with help, if needed) their own toys warms my heart. It's true that they grow up so very quickly. Lovely for you to volunteer in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you are building precious memories that your grandchildren will always treasure. That's great you are finding ways to invest in their lives. Can't wait for my own grandchildren . . . someday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet, I miss being with little grandsons and they have a new puppy

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's a great designer already! So special for you to get this time with your grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love to see kids being creative with simple supplies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous6:06 PM

    What fun times and sweet memories to cherish. We have a young neighbor girl that brings us joy after school most days. Kids and their ENERGY amaze me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Precious times! You are right, they grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like fun volunteering that way in your grand’s classroom. And this shoebox become puppy carrier is a marvelously creative, bright enterprise.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...