Monday, August 24, 2015

Heart's Desire


I warned the Gardener before we ate that this is truly the oddest thing I have ever made. I wondered how it would taste, but since it was filled with some of our favorite foods, how could it be wrong?

Sometimes I make something up and then forget how I made it. We liked this so much I decided to write it all down. I even made it into a recipe card on my P*nterest so I could refer to it and named it Heart's Desire What's for Dinner.

The recipe is so versatile you could really add anything you want. But here is how it went:

Mix four eggs with 4 oz softened cream cheese, spread with a dash of grated cheese into the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.

Meanwhile cook trimmed cauliflower until just soft and drain well. Spread cauliflower chopped small on the top of the "crust."

In large bowl mix finely chopped onion, red or yellow pepper, sliced black olives, a can of artichokes drained and chopped small, a can of (or fresh/cooked) mushrooms drained, two grilled yesterday chicken breasts thinly sliced, 1/3 or so Cup mayo, 2 tsp curry powder, pinch salt and garlic or other spices as desired. Spread this mixture over cauliflower and top with grated cheddar or other cheese. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

Served with our garden tomatoes and fresh blueberries, it was a low carb hit for sure.

19 comments:

  1. It sounds delicious! I love all of these things and trying to low carb as well...this fits the bill! How could you go wrong when you begin a recipe with eggs and cheese (and cream cheese!) Happy Monday, Dotsie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has some of our favorite things and looks delicious!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm! That sounds worth trying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to create a new recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really good, I'm going to try it. Minus the olives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love creative cooking!! I am not always so adventurous. I rarely follow a recipe exactly, but I usually tweak an existing recipe or combine elements from several. You are a real chef!

    I love all of the foods that you put in your special dish, although I would have never thought to put them all together. It looks wonderful and comes with a rave review, so I may just try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, my mouth is watering!!! Must give this a try! Thank you! Have a grand day...I do enjoy visiting here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, my mouth is watering!!! Must give this a try! Thank you! Have a grand day...I do enjoy visiting here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this sounds quite good, Dotsie! I must try it--sounds similar to a chicken divan I make, but more creative. Sure looks good with fresh tomatoes and blueberries! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. This casserole sounds good! My husband and I have been on a low carb s=diet since returning from a vacation trip to NYC, where we ate way too much pizza--lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds amazing! I'm going to give that a try!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. It does sound yummy and restricting carbs is going on around here, too (for one of us, but the other goes along with it pretty well).

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds very good. I'll have to bookmark this post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Popso - this sounds good - lots of nutrition and protein too - few are getting enough, that's for certain!

    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cheese and I don't get along but I love that pink plate =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Podso,
    YuMMy!!!
    "Mr. Ed" would l o v e this recipe!!!
    Thanks for sharing!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds yummy to me, especially with fresh tomato on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have me sold, Dot...I love fresh and you know that I love to experiment so I feel you enthusiasm. It also helps to have our other half approve. Definitely copying! :)

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't find the board you pinned it to, Dot.

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy the conversations that come with comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...